Tuesday 20 March 2007

Journey to Work

What a start to the day, i have a bit of sticky up hair, no doubt this will stick up all day, and if i need to speak to anyone important i will be treated like some street urchin because of my hair chromosomes. I cant cry off work because of this, im not Beyonce Knowles, and bad hair days are part of the territory.

Ive never been one to let something so trivial ruin my day, especially when it looks so beautiful outside, apart from the monster truck outside my pathway.

Ice!!! ICE ON THE WINDSCREEN!!! whats all this about, this is going to delay my journey by a whopping 20 minutes! this may seem trivial but its a huge deal! means i will be last in and miss any important gossip. Theres no way any human can drive through this arctic tundra of wrong.

After using an ice scraper and some magic Tescos ice removing spray i reduced it to this

Guess i will just have to sit it out, time to turn on XFM, but im welcomed by Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby. I have heard this song more times than i have heard people say my name. I quietly weep while Ricky Wilson shouts a girls name at me.

Im out of the car and waiting for the bus, i tricked you all into thinking i can drive there, i cannot. But i am able to get a lift from my house to a suitable bus stop, and im also able to control the radio and ice related products.
People tend to think of Manchester as crime ridden and ugly, how would those very people explain this...
Ahhh my trusty bus pass, passport to anywhere between Manchester and Altrincham, including Didsbury.

This is my bus stop, its of no interest to anyone else but myself, but i am very self indulgent and hope one day someone might recognise me and buy me a Feast ice lolly.
I got on the good ole' 43 and decided to sit behind this man mountain so i could play tri peaks solitaire on my phone undetected.
I enjoy looking out of the window as well as Solitaire, i saw this little fellow...He should tuck his shirt in. No matter how hard you try you will never be accepted into polite society with an untucked shirt.
I like to think the conversation below went along the lines of
" I love you Laura"
"Im tired of hearing it Wayne, now take off that terrible white shellsuit top"
Who do you think wins......
or...............................
The answer is Pizza champion, a king has his position by birthright, a champion has to fight to get where he is, like Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
As i got off the bus i noticed this pair of likely lads, i was worried they might try and punch me in the face or tummy, and that i would be exposed as a terrible fighter.
They left me alone, they dont attack dandys as they know that we have an immaculate sense of style. Im in the office safe from harm at last, this picture is blurry so as to distort confidential information... not really i just have rubbish hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well just for information those two likely lads could have easily duffed him up, true dandy's like DC are not street fighters pistols at ten paces i'd have given him a chance. i'm still waiting for him to turn up to work dressed like an extra from a TV adaptation of a Jane Austin book frock coat, cravat and walking cane he's ideal for the part, although judging by his outfit from the last works night out he doesn't have the budget to shop at real gentlemens outfitters, a t shirt sewn into a shirt what's that all about then?