Thursday 22 March 2007

GUEST BLOGGER - We did something amazing

Ive invited Paddy to be guest blogger today, you may remember him from such blogs as...http://mobilecarnage.blogspot.com/2007/03/varsity-blues.html. He made a joke about his comic style and me being a dandy which is too bad to include. Over to Paddy.
Having recruited Catherine, Cartiona and DC, we set off on our big adventure to give blood, a bit like the famous five, only without the dog. They dont need dog blood. Its like a scene from Reservoir Dogs, Mr Pink, Mrs Blonde and Mrs White (Wasnt she from cluedo? - Ed)
The others pretend they are helping people but I know its a devilish scam. I get handsomely paid with biscuits for a mere pint of blood - easy pickings for a chancer like me. Heres my access all areas pass to the biscuit tin.
To the sexual health clinic...oops not this time, my blood is pure and righteous.
DC is getting worried now, hes a rookie and doesnt know whats in store for him - obviously as a regular donor with a bit of previous, i get first go at the hob-nobs. There is no turning back now though, GO 'A' SQUADRON.
I get subjected to the usual questions. Hepititis? No HIV? No, been given money for sex - I should be so lucky, not so much as a thankyou or a round of applause. Hang on! Whats this? A daring raid on the sandwich fridge before he has ever donated! Offside! This man is good, very good.
The biscuits...ohhh sweet treats. Wha!? Is this some kind of joke!? Digestives? I dont give blood for digestives, chocolate covered? yes, hob nobs? yes, custard creams? bare minimum. Im not a mercenary but this takes the biscuit (wow - ed)
Be big and brave DC
The fall out of the test prick. Plasters all round. Interestingly DC thought that this was him giving blood.
It turns out I dont have blue blood at all, i have commoners blood, the most common type, unlike Catherine who is AB negative. Mine is shared by 38% of the population but can be given to 84% - versatile blood. Time to familiarise myself with the environment. Here is my contingency plan, hit the fire alarm, and if that fails, get a plaster.
This bed will be my home for the next 30 minutes. Im not sure what im being thanked for yet? eating their biscuits? Its my pleasure.
DC and Catriona get comfortable, here is our hero taking everything in his stride, like a cat to water.
These two are the real bad boys of the piece - platelet exchanges. Hardcore uproar. We dont get to play on them.
In goes the needle, look away now.
(hasnt he got hairy arms - ed)
The nurse was a little concerned about Catherines superb fake tan. If you have ever wondered what fake tan crop circles look like, then check this out.
DC showing his battle scars
So there you have it. Where will it go? Who will it help? I can only speculate who my new blood brother or sister will be. They say you cant choose your family, and its true, i just hope it goes to a good home, after all, blood is thicker than water.

Thanks for that Paddy! all together now!!!!! CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww in your work clothes hehe love it.

Anonymous said...

there HAS to be a prick joke in there somwhere

Anonymous said...

well what a hero DC is giving blood to save lives and being brave enough to lie down next to Catriona fair play mate does your girlfriend know about these secret liasons

D.C. said...

Wow that actually makes me sound guilty! I may cop it for that!