Tuesday 3 April 2007

Tale of Two Nights - Part 1 Richards Leaving do

Richard had decided after 4 years in the office it was high time he moved on. We not only bought him a present but we also threw him a party. This is because we are nice people and have borderline alcohol problems. People were getting very excitable, especially Simon and Paddy. Here they are excitedly gossiping about Varsity.
Alex looked a little less excited but at least he was coming. He even chose to leave the car at home and come to work on the 43, welcome to my world sunshine.
Just as we were about to go, Catriona decided we had to go and move some beds from one place to another and I nearly cried, they were heavy and I am weak. I have office arms.
After we all got back from our manual labour we smelt like dreams. So I made a quick trip to the bathroom to freshen up and sort my life out.
Off we went to Varsity, I will save my outfit for later. Alex is a Varsity veteran and instead of getting excitable like everyone else he took it all in his stride.
Simon got a jug in, thats because he is crazy and mad and supports binge drinking. Maybe he was trying to get me drunk so he could try and seduce me.
I demonstrated some first class pint pouring skills. Cocktail star Tom Cruise never had to pour beer from a heavy 4 pint jug with office arms after carrying beds around all day. This was my effort.
People chatted, it was utter carnage!
Suddenly a whisper got around that there was a look-a-like in the paper, you could cut the tension with a knife.This guy looks like our stores man Mark. Much merriment was had.

Liam came for a bit of banter. I like Liam, he knows a lot about bands I haven't heard of and he makes me feel alternative. He was also sporting a half Morrissey, half Elvis quiff. Here is some Simon/Liam band talk going down in the Varsity hood.
Brian also came for a bit of fun. Alex told Brian and I how his phone could make pictures of peoples faces look funny. It can distort them and make them look like they do in circus mirrors. We couldn't get it to work at first...
but then...
We took a picture of Mark and made his face look silly at the push of a button. In all the excitement of writing about this event, I realised I haven't even mentioned the star of the show, Richard Miller. Here he is pulling his tongue out at me, cheeky.
He was talking to a girl who seemed nice enough most of the night. They chatted mostly about my hair. The union was cut short as Mark scampered over to start his own banter with mystery girl while Richard went to the toilet. But when he returned Richard wasn't having any of it.
He ejected Mark from his seat and once he got back to the group to show us how happy he was, he spilt a drink all over Jenny's thigh.
Jenny didn't seem too happy at the closeness of Richards hand and her thigh and cleaned it herself. I decided to talk to Catherine and Paddy for a bit. Catherine was wearing a very pretty necklace.
Ill have that thankyou very much!
She kindly lent me that all weekend! Brian got a bit cosy with Jill. The Irish scamp!
We decided to move on after that, but the rest is too x rated to show on this blog, there were conversations about chat up techniques, the etiquette of sitting down in the middle of a bar and all kinds of bus related hi jinx which just cant be told without an 18 certificate. Stay tuned for part 2, Saturday night! to be published tomorrow!

2 comments:

supercircus said...

ah ha!! a great night out you necklace wearing poodle walker. Can't wait for part 2. Can I interest you in a tale of two knights, featuring king Arthur and Lancelot.Now teach me the ways of corn snack model assembly as promoted in your March blog.

D.C. said...

Yes you can interest me in that, i like knights. Corn snack assembly is all in the wrists.