Monday 26 November 2007

Legion of Doom Uncovered

Before I went out I had to replace my shoes. I felt like Worzel Gummidge walking round in these atrocities.
First up was some quiz machine carnage in Wetherspoons.
We played the usual 100-1, but made a tidy sum this time. We put that money in a terrible game where we had to spin a wheel. Easy come, easy go.
I was in good company. Nathan was looking thoughtful, but even his knowledge base couldn't save us from losing our ill gotten gains.
Ross was technically barred from Wetherspoons after his exploits in a previous blog but had snuck under the bouncers radar.
Kev joined us. Legion of doom had big things planned for both of us.
We decided to move on. I needed cash and tried to get through these locked doors for about 2 minutes to get to a cashpoint behind the glass. Even the lockiest of locksmiths couldn't have got through.
We went to Consortium. They had what Ross described as 'Kids playground furniture'. It was more uncomfortable than it looks.
Ross seemed to enjoy them though. He must like kid's playgrounds.
Ross decided to give us football trivia questions. Me and Kev fared quite well on the whole.
Nathan didn't have an exhaustive football knowledge but knew enough to come out with some good answers.
He was obviously proud of the knowledge he demonstrated. We moved on to 'Disco Fever'
Cracks were already appearing in the love/hate relationship which is the legion of doom. I cant remember what Ross did to earn this look of disapproval...
...But I think it involved this slag.
I think it was something particularly terrible as Kev joined the bandwagon condemning him. To the stocks, send him to the stocks.
Nathan soon warmed, as most people do, to Ross. It was probably cheekiness rather than anything malicious. I think Nathans look is disbelief. 'What a clown'
Kev posed for a shot with her. When I say with her I mean behind her back. Interestingly Kev claims he ws sober at this point.
The on/off relationship is back on. Nathan looks giddy with excitement.
Ross didn't seem quite as ecstatic.
To be fair I think it had more to do with the music. Ross doen't understand why anyone from outside Harlem would like R'n'B/Hip hop.
Nathan was giving it the 'Moody, angsty rapper looking into middle distance' look. Its almost dangerous.
Kev was off balance.
They tried to give me dangerous but their smirks ruined it. Nathan is giving the most dangerous look here, coupled with finger expletive action.
Carnage
Banter.
Family fun.
No family fun at all here. Nathan gives me an 8/10 dangerous.
Kev decided to copy one of Nathan's specialities.....Camp....
TO DANGEROUS!!!
Im gonna be generous and give that 9/10. It cant top this though, this should be the cover art to Duran Duran's Wild Boys.
A measure of how classy 'Disco Fever' is.....A thong....on the floor.
The classiness was decreased further by the arrival of Michael Jackson.
I was so pleased that Michael Jackson was in the same club as me, I gave it a quick Emo shot.
Upon leaving we bumped into some other people from our course, including Monique and Jack. They were almost sober. Even in this state Monique doesn't break her stock photo pose.
All in all a good night out, sorry for the delay in posting, but I have to partake in carnage to blog it. Expect a couple more very soon.

No comments: